Day 32. Today I didn’t copy anything but used a wee boot vase and a flower sprig of Abelia. If nothing else, this effort has proved I’ve a long way to go with real life objects.
I got the angle so wrong on the left one. Had I not jerked the black ink pen and elongated the line on the toecap there’s a slight possibility it may have looked a tad better. Looks like it is bent sideways.
I repositioned the vase; still not right but it looks a bit better. It didn’t frustrate me; it’s just another learning curve.
Day 33 – Back to copying from the book.
Watercolour paints, 2B pencil and Zig ink pen for most of them. I added some Mungo pastels to the green foliage of the last tree.
I had a few tips from DD Jen, on how to use heavier lines to give a 3d effect. Getting tips from others is really great.