I finished the top section of the pincushion – previous blog showed the centre. It’s been a learning curve for me, just to read the instructions.
I’ve a bad habit of skimming through instructions and with this kit I couldn’t work out what stitch or colour I was to do the borders between numbered areas. Alas, it wasn’t until after I ‘did my own thing’ with the first green border ( I used rice stitch) that I found at the Very Last paragraph, 3rd page, it said all borders to be completed in Long-arm Cross stitch.
I had to concentrate on counting the spaces on the canvas and with more than a few lapses undid and re-did too many. It could be very good training for me and make my future works neater. :-)) There is always a silver lining.
It’s not the same layout, as I found the photo of the kit and the threads when used were not alike or as bright. The threads looked insipid, so I altered some patterns and also combination colours. As I like green there is more of this colour used.
So here are my work and the kit pattern. I’m happy how the design worked out.
The last to do will be the sides.