I completed the outer ring with 2 strands of variegated DMC in Chainstitch. I also filled in any outer bare trellis bits. It fools the eye a bit as it’s not regular. Only one quarter should be seen at any time when the back is on and padded.
I’d far rather repair stitching than try to keep photos and text where I originally place them in WordPress. most annoying to have them jump around. I’ll try again.
Now the photo on the right…grrrr NO, it’s now below, and is the one I began with.
You can see that I had brushed the fabric with a little water but obviously had not ironed it dry enough. When I painted the rose shaded tips it ran past the line. There are 2 choices for repairing. I can re-paint the creamy sections or I can embroider over the dye-runs. I’ll wait until I complete the current biscornu before deciding.
Wonky lines are easily covered by embroidery stitches such as Chain, Buttonhole, Feather stitch. You can find many tutorials for many stitches at http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html
The deep yellow around the centre is the way to go when painting then bristle pushing to the outer parts with a little water to spread and tone down. The brushes I used were Nos 1, 3 and 4 round.
Now to read up on connecting the front to back. Fingers crossed.