I’m not sure how I’d go with a tutorial but I can tell you what I’ve done so far. I’ve made mistakes..should I begin with this?
After penciling in Sharon’s Friday Freebie pattern
I should have then drawn the lattice but keen to start I’d not given thought to how I was going to complete the outer section. It’s impossible to use a ruler over SRE flowers…so you will see how it doesn’t line up around the edges—read, anywhere, if you will. I figure I can fudge this when adding the bottom.
Probably the best I can do is post my next photo and say what I’ve done.
I used unwashed calico (muslin) and Jo Sonja paints. Traced the pattern, taped to the cloth, with aid of sunlight behind my window. I ironed fine pellon to the back for stability. ( a hoop was suggested for embroidery but I found the pellon was sufficient).
I began with the magenta section. I used a small brushload of the paint mixed with a few drops of water to begin with, to a creamy consistancy.
Each painting must be ironed dry before painting anything else or it will bleed where it should not. I use Gladbake paper to protect the work.
The green section was dampened slightly but not right up to the lines. You can push gently with the bristles to the lines and add a little water when pushing the paint to the outer parts if you want toning.
I used 2 strands of thread for the chain stitching, one No 12 Finca crochet thread for the ‘hearts’ and 2 strands DMC lazy daisy stitches. I’m going to ignore the lattice placing and say I used back stitch on the lines.
I now have to stitch the outline of the green section, then hopefully, will work out how to back it.
In case anyone wonders if a fixative was used with Jo Sonja paints. No, none used – probably as it won’t be washed.
I might embarrass myself and post my first painting where the paint spread too far. 😦