I did the bullion part first, kept the work quite loose -closing the bullion a little more as I worked the right side down through the hole and back across to the left. I found this way was easier.
The blue version is the way it is supposed to be ( well, the way mine turns out) with the bullion on the right side. I prefer the yellow lot as the blue bullions refused to sit nicely at all and the centre is nasty.
The blue is finished off with an ordinary van Dyke stitch to hold it down and I used the blue to do the same with the yellow…
Now I’m wondering if Sharon’s DD Eve might have a place for me in her Circus as a contortionist as I had heaps of practise doing my No.117s. There were times I wished I were an octopus.