No.116 Beaded vanDyke includes the variations except for the last row. When I made the decreasing rows on the right side, I thought that would make a good butterfly but kept stitching and found it also made a good diamond shape. I began by adding French knots to the upper part of the vanDyke stitch for antenna on the green ‘butterfly’.
No. 117 the Bullion vanDyke and here I have to confess to failing this stitch. I spent hours trying to get a perpendicular look to this stitch – it’s a surprise to me the cloth did not fall apart from over use.
Normally I’d blame tension but try as I did, keeping the thread loose, it still tightened enough to slant..
So sorry Sharon but this won’t be listed as a favourite for me. I scored, at least, by keeping my cool during the frustration LOL.
Threads used were perle 8.