Top left cup had 3 rows of single Buttonhole stitches. The cone flower I made by buttonholing 5 bars and doubling the stitches on the first row, reducing back to 5 stitches, reducing again to 3 stitches and ran the thread through these to stitch down to a point.
The rose began with 10 Buttonhole bars, first cup had 3 rounds with no increasing.
Then I began the second cup by buttonholing the original bars at the base. I doubled each stitch on the last of 3 rounds
The last cup I increased on the first row, almost doubled again the second round. I gave up counting and missed a few.
The final row I worked 5 buttonholes into one stitch , missed a stitch or two and did a single buttonhole pulling in the petal. Definitely no finesse here. I made 6 petals.The yellow cup was first increased, then reduced giving a bellied shape.
Close up of the rose. I used Perle 8 for all the cups. Though these are not ‘good’ examples they are far better than my first lot in an earlier Tast. Indeed so bad I won’t even add the link to them….whoops, that earlier version was similar to look at and called Cup Stitch
For further information of learning new stitches in Sharon’s TAST= Take A Stitch Tuesday program, please visit http://pintangle.com/tast-faq/
Sharon generously shares her tutorial