I have been working on several of the stitches from this module.
Barred Herringbone. When I saw the picture of Barred Herringbone I was not impressed but, after all, I am meant to try these so I read the instructions.
The contrast was for viewing the movement only. :-) In one colour it is a lovely stitch that I intend using often. So easy to do.
The 2 rows of pink use 3 strands of DMC thread
The staggered lilac row is over-stitched with Detached Chain, extending a little tail. I used a thread similar to perle 12
The burgundy one, 2 strands DMC, is made the same way but with longer tails. The over stitch was done with 1 DMC strand.
The circle was hard to Herringbone neatly while trying to keep the width of each regular.
Using gold thread I did Detached chains the most have bullion tails – not that they can be seen.
The other side has alternating Det. chains and straight tails.
Beaded Chevron 1
Though I used a Tapestry 26 needle I couldn’t get my seed beads to reach the eye part, so I used larger eye beads for
the pink rows.
Then I switched to a Sharp 12 needle and finer thread for the green seed beads.
I think they are size 11 beads but as that is not nominated on the packet and only cheap ones, may not be.
I like the back to back version.
Making a frame was easy using bugle beads.
Beaded Chevron 2
Beaded Double Chevron
The green rows are back-to-back, stitching under and over the diagonal threads.
First row at the right hand half I used all seed beads. Viewing this in my hand the seed beads seem to appear on top of the diagonal thread
so I used bugle beads in their place for the 2nd back-to-back rows.
I used larger beads on the 2nd back-to-back line and liked the square of beads there.
Chained Cretan Triangle
Now this lovely stitch caught my eye from the beginning and was the first in the module to work on.
The single row, in a’broder cotton looks like lace edging
back to back is next; then off-set in purple
The square/diamond was a breeze to do, as was the last square.