I stitched a tree with Bullion trunk and then got carried away with doing 19 of the previous stitches as well. I have posted old works here
The fabric I used is a rubber-backed curtain sample and I had no bother stitching through this. Waste not-want not.
I am not sure if WordPress will move my pictures apart from the text but here goes..The crown of the tree is a piece of mohair wool lace that is Couched with Fly stitched DMC rayon
The birds are Fly stitches made with the same thread in brown
The swing is Chain with the seat Couched over 3 pieces of rayon floss. The background lawn is just lots of straight small stitches with DMC stranded threads
The cyclamens are Detached Chain, French Knot and leaves Buttonhole all in DMC stranded cotton
Whipped Wheel in Sassa Lynne variegated thread; DMC Stem stitch stalk and Detached Chain leaves.
The vine is Alternating Barred Chain in DMC rayon and Sassa Lynne French knots
The green bush on the right of the tree is Barred Chain. The left half has the bar on the left and the right side has the bar on the right side.
White daisies have a single rayon strand Bullion stitch with a Detached Chain outer wrap. Stems are in Stem-stitch and straight stitch leaves.
Johnny-jump-ups,-or violas- and leaves are done with Detached Chain
Last one is Feather stitch with French knots.
Grasses on wall are either Fly stitch or Up/Down Buttonhole
The Wall top and bottom is Herringbone stitched with burgundy DMC perle 8 .
The bricks= Running stitch and the mortar between, Buttonhole(Tailor’s buttonhole). I used DMC perle 8 for bricks and single DMC stranded cotton for mortar.
Grasses in left foreground :- Half Chevron, Crossed Buttonhole, Fly
The dark one is Cretan gone mad. The white flowers Detached Chain with French knots.
The tree trunk is deliberately made with loose Bullion stitches to get a textured effect but the 6 grass Bullions at the base are ‘properly’ made. Threads used are Edmar Nova, Lola and a weird rayon with no twist for colour addition. Perhaps Cire.
There are random Stem stitched lines of grass at the base.
To the right of the tree trunk are Wheatear stems using 6 strands DMC stranded cotton and below this Up/Down Buttonhole
There is green Chevron grass edging and a Bullion Snail too.
The missing stitch is Satin. This was meant to be my bricks but as they were not padded,it is only Running stitch and I certainly can Not claim my bees to be Satin stitched’
They are made with 2 Straight stitched DMC strands and a single yellow thread which is Couching. so still no Satin stitch example. The wings of the bees are Detached Chain in gold metallic thread.
Now let’s see what Mr WordPress has done to my tidy post.
EDIT.. and my apologies if you have persevered this far as the words were meant to be with the right photo.
I hope there was something worth while here.