I really was not happy about my stitches and Anita kindly helped me correct my errors.
The first was entirely due to my bad stitching and not the number of strands I used. I hadn’t used 6 ply here but 2 ply and I was just clumsy with the needle and thread.
For the leaves on the vines I used the full 6 strands of DMC but Did Not separate and replace as one. What a huge difference that made.
Even so, I took forever to carefully stitch the patterns. Whoever coined the phrase ‘ Necessity is the Mother of Invention’ is surely right. I cut a small card and used
that to place on the fabric as I drew the thread up and down through the fabric. How much neater it is and so much faster… if you can call 25 minutes for 7 leaves fast.
the ‘card trick’ is on the right hand side. Thanks for your timely help Anita.