Top left are 3 rows of varied height. I stitched the middle row then worked a row each side so there is a different effect where they join.
For the pink interwoven herringbone I used a cotton woven floss.
The paler version is side by side and I used a rayon knitted floss.
I tried Chain stitch with the normal Herringbone placement and it turned the corner very well. Would be good for a border.
Pale green is Up and Down Buttonhole top and Herringbone bottom- I sloped it to fit into the space.
Blue Herringbone with Oyster stitch incorporated into the seam as I went..not added later.
Top right is more Herringbone 4 horizontal close rows and 2 vertical close rows
The center piece is a metal circle couched with green Herringbone. I had to work out how far apart to make the stitches and settled on fairly close.
I was not undoing the whole thing to get the first stitches right so I just finished my thread by overlapping the wide spaced ones.
Next I added Buttonhole with bugle beads using Lizbeth 80 thread.
Around the outside of this I added Fly, Feather and Cretan