Long and short stitch is not my favourite for embroidery as I have much difficulty keeping the curves right and the stitches laying nicely next to each other. While the overall effect might be okay, I KNOW I have not done it correctly and in the past I have been guilty of doing stem stitch instead to fill in my work.
This week because it is a challenge offered I have taken much time to do my best and here are my offerings.
My Koi you can see is rough skinned and looks quite nasty so beware and don’t pick at his looks. LOL
I am very pleased with the flower and leaves as they behaved well and I put this down to using a fine wool, which seems to suit the stitch. I find threads too thin and they leave gaps in the work so I have to go back and fill in.